Café New York
The Café New York is one of the most splendid coffee houses of the early days in Budapest.
At the beginning of the 1890s, the New York Life Insurance Company had a magnificent building erected at today's address Erzsébet körút 9-11, in the VII. Budapest district (Erzsébetváros). On the ground floor and basement there was and is still the aforementioned café (Hungarian New York kávéház). It was opened on October 23, 1894 and survived wars and regime changes largely undamaged. After a year-long break in renovation, starting in 2001, the café was reopened on May 5, 2006.
English: Gozsdu Courtyard comprises seven buildings and their courtyards in the 7th district of Budapest, and can be approached from Király Street, Dob Street and Holló Street. The building complex was built in 1901 by the Gozsdu Foundation according to the testament of the Romanian lawyer, Emanoil Gojdu (Hungarian: Gozsdu Emánuel).
Today it is a concentration of more than 100 restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars, the heart of Budapest's nightlife.
Liszt Ferenc Academy
The Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music is a music university and a concert hall founded on November 14, 1875. It is home to the Liszt Collection, which features several valuable books and manuscripts donated by Franz Liszt upon his death, and the AVISO studio, a collaboration between the governments of Hungary and Japan to provide sound recording equipment and training for students. The Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music was founded by Franz Liszt himself.
Today you can hear an interesting music program in the 3 concert halls of the academy.
Hungarian State Opera House
The Hungarian State Opera House (Hungarian: Magyar Állami Operaház) is a neo-Renaissance opera house located on Andrássy út. Originally known as the Hungarian Royal Opera House, it was designed by Miklós Ybl, a major figure of 19th-century Hungarian architecture. Construction began in 1875, funded by the city of Budapest and by Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria-Hungary, and the new house opened to the public on the 27 September 1884.
Andrássy Avenue (Hungarian: Andrássy út) is the largest boulevard in Budapest, dating back to 1872. It links Erzsébet Square with the Városliget. Lined with spectacular Neo-renaissance mansions and townhouses featuring fine facades and interiors, it was recognised as a World Heritage Site in 2002.
It is also one of Budapest's main shopping streets, with fine cafes, restaurants, theatres, embassies and luxury boutiques. Among the most noticeable buildings are the State Opera House, the former Ballet School, the Zoltán Kodály Memorial Museum and Archives, the Hungarian University of Fine Arts, and the Ferenc Hopp Museum of East Asian Arts.
The Dohány Street Synagogue (Hungarian: Dohány utcai zsinagóga / nagy zsinagóga; Hebrew: בית הכנסת הגדול של בודפשט, (Bet ha-Knesset ha-Gadol shel Budapesht), also known as the Great Synagogue or Tabakgasse Synagogue, is a historical building in Erzsébetváros, the 7th district of Budapest. It is the largest synagogue in Europe, seating 3,000 people and is a centre of Neolog Judaism.
The Dohány Street Synagogue complex consists of the Great Synagogue, the Heroes' Temple, the graveyard, the Memorial and the Jewish Museum, which was built on the site on which Theodor Herzl's house of birth stood.